Monday, August 3, 2009

Sunday Night

I went back to work this weekend - yes, it was probably a little early but I felt up to it. I work as a part-time evening shift nursing home LPN. I also homeschool my 2 oldest children (my youngest is only 16 months old, so I don't "officially" homeschool her yet :-)).

This weekend I felt fine while I was at work but pretty tired by the time I got home. I did take my pain medicine after I got home from work last night and tonight. My incisions are healing well. Even though I am on a liquid diet, I haven't been too hungry. Here's a list of some of the liquids I have been having:

  • Hot tea
  • Decaf unsweet tea with splenda (we have this at work)
  • Mocha Cappachino - 10 gms of protein in 8 oz and it tastes wonderful!
  • Protein Shake made with 1 scoop Body Fortress protein powder, 8 oz skim milk, 1/2 a frozen banana or 2-3 frozen strawberries
  • Low Carb Slim Fast (ready to drink cans) - I take these to work - 20 gm of protein per can
  • V-8 juice
  • Crystal Light or other sugar free drinks like that
  • Tomato soup mixed with skim milk
  • Homemade corn chowder (thanks Mom!) - pureed
  • Canned chicken noodle soup - pureed
  • Sugar free popscicles
  • Sugar free jello
  • Homemade chicken soup - pureed

I will post a one week post-op weigh-in tomorrow. I go back for my post-op appointment with my doctor on Wednesday.

God bless!
Becky<><

No comments:

Post a Comment