Monday, August 17, 2009

3rd Week Post-Op Update

Today I weighed-in at 266.0 pounds. That is a 0.4 pound gain from last week. Although it would have been great to have had a loss this week, I have followed my doctor's orders and have resisted temptation all week. The temptation I have had this week is kind of strange. I haven't been tempted to eat junk food or comfort food, etc. What has been tempting is pushing the limits of my soft/mushies phase of the diet from my doctor (in regard to the consistency of the food). I wish I had some more specific ideas on what to eat at this stage. Alot of the ideas I have found are either high in carbs or foods that I just don't like. I have been eating small amounts of chicken salad, sugar free fat free pudding and jello, V-8 juice, and yogurt. I have still been drinking protein shakes at least once a day. I have also been drinking lots of crystal light. I ordered this book today, Eating Well After Weight Loss Surgery: Over 140 Delicious Low-Fat High-Protein Recipes to Enjoy in the Weeks, Months and Years After Surgery. I had gotten it from the library several months ago and it looked like exactly what I need. I have been exercising alot this week too. I have been walking and going to strength training classes. I feel great and people are starting to notice the weight loss.

God Bless!
Becky <><

No comments:

Post a Comment