Thursday, July 30, 2009

A Few Days Post-Op

It's been a few days now, each day I have felt a little stronger and less sore. I have just been taking the pain medicine at bedtime. I drove today (short distance) and also went to the park and walked about 20 minutes at a pretty slow pace. As far as my appetite, I have been getting a little hungry at times. My surgeon's diet is: clear liquids the evening of the surgery, then 2 weeks of full liquids (including 2 protein shakes per day), and then 2 weeks of mushy/soft foods. I am a few days into the full liquid stage. Today was the first day I was able to even come close to getting the amount of fluids I am supposed to have. I am down several pounds since the surgery. I'll post tomorrow with my AM weight. All in all, I feel good - just a little sore when I have to pick something off the floor or if something bumps into my belly. My incisions have Derma-bond adhesive on them. They seem to be healing well.

May God bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment