Sunday, December 13, 2009

A survey about my Lap-band experience

I saw this on another Lap-band blog I follow, Diz Banded. I had to give it a try...


1. How long have you been banded?
4 and 1/2 months ago
2. What was your highest pre-band weight? / Current weight now? / Total lost to date?
(gulp) 335 lbs (when I was 9 months pregnant with my second son, 10 years ago); my starting weight when I went for my first surgery visit was 294.7 lbs; my current weight is 243.2 lbs; total lost since start of surgery process is 51.5 lbs
3. What is your best “go-to” food to get in your protein?
Roast beef wrap (low-carb whole wheat tortilla, deli roast beef, slice of provolone cheese, horseradish sauce); Subway tuna salad with double meat - I can make 3 meals off of it
4. What is your favorite protein brand/shake?
Chocolate Low-carb Slimfast (although they just recalled them all)
5. What food do you miss the most now being post-band?
Coleslaw (my pre-band favorite food) - it is really about the only food so far that I can't tolerate at all
6. What is your favorite “mushy” food?
Chicken salad
7. What was your worst PB experience?
Haven't had any so far
8. What has been the hardest part of this journey so far for you?
Getting all new clothes; realizing how much of life I have been missing out on
9. What is your best NSV to date?
Seeing a friend that I haven't seen in over 20 years and she said "you look exactly the same as you did the last time I saw you..I was 15 when I saw her last
10. What is your top non-weight goal for your band? (top NSV maybe?)
Bike the Virginia Creeper Trail with my family
11. What is your goal weight or size?
I never even remember being in the size I am now (size 18/20)! I just want to feel and look healthy, whatever size that is
12. What band “rule” do you live by (i.e. don’t cheat on)?
Watching carbs, eating breakfast
13. What band “rule” do you not follow as much or aren’t so good at?
I really have starting drinking alot more coffee then I did pre-band; I really have gotten away from drinking too many cold drinks, the give me "band-freeze" - I haven't heard anybody else with that problem but cold drinks and ice cream and other frozen stuff bothers me
14. What is your goal “reward”?
I don't have one yet

One really important fact I have noticed, every banded-person's experience is extremely unique. Many can tolerate one thing while many others can't; I happen to do fine with the low-carb whole wheat tortillas, other may not. Alot of it seems like trial and error to see what works for you.

Also, I have been on a plateau for a month or so. I am now starting to get my appetite back, takes alot more to get me full and not staying full as long. I called and scheduled a fill for Dec 29.

May God bless you and your family!
Becky <><

No comments:

Post a Comment