Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Week 6 Weigh-in and Update

Today's weight was 254.8 pounds. That was 1.6 pound gain. Of course it's always disappointing when I have to post a gain but I know, in regard to eating, I can't eat much less than I already am. I am eating 3 small meals a day plus 2-3 snacks each day. All meals and snacks are mostly protein. My carb intake is so much less than before surgery! I find that the most amazing part because is that I don't crave pasta, breads, cookies, etc. That has always been a stumbling block for me since I really don't like a lot of meats. A few observations this week have been that I have more hungry (probably related to TOM) and, although it doesn't require a lot of food to satisfy my hunger, I am not staying full very long, maybe 2 hours or so. I haven't had much trouble yet with getting food "stuck". I have been chewing, chewing, and chewing every bite of food though. I thought to myself that it is more like chewing gum than eating food sometimes :-)

Some food I have enjoyed this week (each in small quantities):
Deli roast beef dipped in horsey sauce
Sugar free, fat free pudding with lite cool whip
Homemade chili
Homemade chicken salad
Homemade egg salad
Lettuce salad (chew, chew, chew)
Grilled hamburgers (need lots of condiments to dip in and no roll)

I have been doing better with getting fluids in but not so good with exercise. I need to remember to turn my OCD tendencies off and remember that I am a work in progress.

Becky <><

No comments:

Post a Comment